02-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Rekla
Hug the road... Carpe Asphalt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 ///M Coupe

That's great feedback Claykin.
Upon lease end I would consider these 4 options:
- return the car and walk away with the refundable MSDS.
- "roll over" into another (leased) BMW
- Buy the car for the residual minus the MSDS (plus sales tax).
- Sell the car private if the "private party" price is higher than the lease residual (and make some $)

So far - I've never had any significant rim damage, tire wear/punctures, dents and dings, and/or scratches outside "normal wear and tear" on any of my cars - so I strongly feel no need for any additional pre-paid BMW coverage. If a significant amount is due upon lease return due to excessive wear and tear, I would consider getting quotes for (professional) repairs, buy the car upon lease end, fix it up, then keep or sell the vehicle - depending on the market conditions. Keeping the car upon lease end, I might even look into extended warranty up to 6 years/100k, then enjoy the ride till that time & mileage are near. I'm not too afraid for the return conditions upon lease end - I feel confident the dealership prefers a "roll-over" and are more than willing to accommodate such transaction - especially if the market value of the car is above the lease residual enabling them to make a (significant) profit on a (CPO) re-sale. Besides, in my case, the lease expires around year end when traditionally a lot of incentives are offered towards a new BMW.