08-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #276
mocohead
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i 6MT & 12 128i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitched79 View Post
Agreed.

However, I have had very good experiences with other makes and models. Specifically, I had a wonderful experience with my 2007 Toyota Prius. Clearly, a Prius and a BMW of ANY kind are completely different animals, but considering the "newness" of hybrid technology even in 2007, my Prius had not one problem over the entire length of time that I owned that vehicle. Furthermore, it cost nearly less than half as much as what I paid for my 328i.

And that's my biggest point - these BMWs are not cheap. They shouldn't have this kind of problem, especially when they're touted as being "the ultimate driving machine". An ultimate driving machine should not vibrate at all, much less at moderate speeds.
A couple of thoughts...

1. Take the car to another dealership. Your issues are not those described in this thread and are definitely not normal. Find another dealership that will actually diagnose the cause. Ask to drive another F30 with the shop foreman in the car and compare. If you have a vibration over 80 mph that is effecting the entire structure you have a failure that should be repairable.

2. What BMW is offering is very reasonable. You are not entitled to a windfall. You had use of the car for 8,000 miles and it is fair to expect you to pay for the miles you drove. 8,000 miles in 2 months...wow! Had you requested a buy-back at 500 miles, or from day 1 when you first noticed the issue, then you would be right to be upset about paying a mileage charge. Check your local lemon laws - in California the mileage charge is built into the law and it might be the same in Florida.

3. When dealing with BMWNA, if you don't get a good answer from the first representative, ask to speak with a manager. They are able to accomplish far more than the 1st level representative.

4. You are a BMW CCA member. Please consider contacting the CCA ombudsman. They might be able to help.

Good luck getting this resolved!
Appreciate 0