11-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #43
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
Well.. don't congratulate me just yet.. This whole thing is a massive clusterfuck. the kit doesn't come with ARB's and springs. I'm now faced with paying a lot more to get the parts needed. Installation was already expensive as it was. I'm also stuck with the kit (can't return it). So if I don't want to spend the extra $, I may have to sell it to someone here.

Honestly... I'm pretty pissed @ BMW. It's not hard to be clear what is needed or not. Especially when the kit is for a single friggin' model.
Jesus, what a cluster frick.

I just dropped the F30 off, verified with the parts guy and the SA, I paid $1393 for all parts, here's the breakdown:
33-50-2-320-981 SUSP KIT - $1115.00 (lowest I could get them, compared to BMW partspro, which was my negotiator tool!)
33-55-6-853-47 STAB - $121.46
31-35-6-792-125 STAB - $157.36 (I guess I remembered incorrectly with the prices here).

Those are the part #'s from the catalog, verify with your parts guy...and if you paid substantially less than me, than, maybe they separated out the kit? If you paid about what I paid, then I'm flippin' confused, because BOTH the parts guy AND the SA verified the Springs are on the Struts.

(unless they lied to me...) I'll find out, because the springs are red or yellow, right?

Shiv

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0