View Single Post
      04-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #62
alin22
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive

Search Phonebook function not working

Hi guys, new to this forum.

I got a new 2013 328i xDrive and was wondering if anybody has issues accessing the phonebook. I have an iPhone 5 which connects without problems to the car via bluetooth. I can see all my contacts, properly sorted in both, telephone menu and office menu.

The problem is when I try searching for a particular name in the list. I get the screen with all the letters, and I am able to select what letters I want. To my understanding, this is supposed to trigger filtering of the contacts, based on my input. It just doesn't do anything. The contacts list on the split screen remains unchanged. Even if I type the complete name, as it is in the phonebook, nothing happens.
Once I press ok, it brings up the contacts list on the full screen and the highlight is on the first name in the list.

Scrolling works to a certain extent. I have a couple thousand contact names in the phonebook and scrolling through all of them is a nightmare. Also, randomly, after scrolling through several letters, I only get lines instead of names. This gets back to normal if I exit and re-enter the Phonebook menu. Very annoying.

Is this normal with iPhone 5? I spoke with my dealer who drives similar car and his works fine with Blackberry? Can anybody confirm the "Search Phonebook" behaviour with iPhone 5 (ios6.3 or whatever is the latest as of April 16)?
Appreciate 1