03-16-2013, 02:40 AM   #83
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
All very good and logical points and explanation.
Thank you. Very nice from someone who, in my opinion, is one of the most level headed posters on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I don't use Eco "Pro" at all as it just sucks as it makes driving my BMW feel anaemic.

It seems odd to me that anyone interested in getting a tune for more performance would want to be in anything except 'sport' mode.
Although I do not use EP mode, I can tell you that JB1 give it a really helpful boost. No, I do not use it either. I tried for a short time after I bought the car, as part of the novelty, however, Comfort mode has been transformed quite well with JB1.

I live in a big city with lots of traffic everywhere, pretty much every day, so driving the car in Sport mode every time is very un-necessary. When I can, I do of course and the JB1 makes it very, very sharp, responsive & fast.

We also have a very active police force here and the government has pretty much mandated a virtually zero tolerance for even driving a couple of km/h over the speed limit. To keep track of speed limits across our vast city, there are hundreds of fixed and mobile speed cameras (privately operated) plus police with radars, so 'spirited' driving is a big risk here. Lots of revenue raising with heavy fines & driver license demerit points.

So although I like to take off quickly from the lights, I want to keep my license and spend my money when & where I wish, so Comfort with the tune is just a very well balanced setup, which works well for most of my driving.

So it's not a matter of tuning the car (or not) and using Sport all the time. It's also not a mpg issue for me either. I need to and have to adapt to our conditions.

Please do not mis-understand me. Sport Mode is GREAT and I use it when I can.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0