Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
It is well known that most franchise operations do not make much money unless you own multiply stores. Owning one, you barely break even and you have to put lots of your own time into the place. Now if you able to own more than one you can start making some money.

A buddy of mine bought a Mom & Pop Pizza shop when he was younger worked it for a number of years and made some okay money, he was taking home about $30K to $40K a year. He soon learn you cap out on how much you can make with one shop since you're quickly limited on how many pies you can make in a day. So I laugh at those who claim some shop made $100K in a week at a pizza shop. Do the math, how many Pizza would that have to be, and most shops are not 27/7

This is the problem most Pizza shops run into, people begin to like the pie, and more and more people show up and before you know you can not get the pizza through the oven fast enough, so customers get upset and do not come back or owner starts cutting corners and the quality goes down and people stop coming back. This is why NYC pizza pre-make them and you can get them by the slice, that is fine if you like cool reheated pizza. But it gives a few extra hours a day to crank pies through your oven.

If you see an owner of Pizza shop doing really well, they usually doing something else, some resort to not reporting income since it a cash business and you can hide some of that income, but these people usually get greedy and get caught.

This poster does not own a pizza shop and is talking about second hand experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGreek5 View Post
If you have a busy place, and cant keep up with the pizzas your doing something wrong. We have two- 3 decker conveyor ovens that crank the pizzas out constantly. Your entire statement doesnt make sense bro. If you have a system in place, a busy store should operate without a hitch like a factory. Its all about the setup in shop when your busy.

This poster does own a pizza shop and is talking about his first hand real-life experiences.