View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Depends on what your car is worth and more importantly, what a dealer would give you for it. You have to shop around for trade-in price just like you shop for lease price. Dealers can play with the numbers on either side to make the deal seem better, so best to shop lease price first, without bringing up the trade, then get quotes on the trade-in as well. You may find some dealers have better lease prices but not as good trade in value, and vice-versa. Just have to find your best overall package.

As a guess, without knowing anything about the mileage and options or condition of your car, I would think you could get a good deal on the lease and get out of your car. F30 Lease prices right now are excellent to begin with, so even if you break even on the trade, you should be able to get a good price. If you have low mileage, maybe you get some money towards the lease on top of it..
Yea that's not what I would be looking for is just paying my car off for the lease. I would expect to get some money for my car towards the new lease. I have 23k miles, preferred and sport package and 1 full year left of original warranty. I've seen a couple of my exact cars at the dealerships used lot for 33k or so. I just wanted to see if anyone has traded in a 2009 335i recently and what they got.
My goal would pretty much to take advantage of the lease deals where it says $400 a month for a 2013 335i with 3,8k down. With my car paying the 3.8 down and then having the holiday rebates bring it down another 2k. So pretty much walking out with a under 400 a month payment without putting anything down.
Appreciate 0