View Single Post
      01-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #20
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower420 View Post
I would say, there is a slight drone once and awhile, but it is LOUD. Even low revs are pretty loud. But the slower you go while stepping on the pedal lightly, you can kinda control it.

My lady definitely noticed the exhaust the first time she got in the car without me telling her. I will see if she notices the next time she gets in if she thinks it is any louder or not.

If you were going to drive customers around, you could get away with it, but i think it would still be pretty noticeable to them.

I am even thinking a resonator maybe down the road to help with the drone, but we will see.

I have to admit, flooring it through tunnels is really really fun though...
Cool thanks. It's hard to tell unless you can actually hear it in person. My tahoe has exhaust on it and yes you can tell its there but inside the car while driving, its not annoying at all - but you can hear it. Perfectly suitable for driving people around.

And then I've had exhaust on other cars (DP, midpipe, catback, etc) that was just downright obnoxious and I would be embarrased to drive customer's around unless they were a fellow enthusiast.
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0