01-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #9
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
When I bought my E90 new I didnt spec any kind of Nav/Media system. Not interested. Saved the £2K and put it towards other options that I wanted. The odd time I go anywhere I'm happy to use a Tomtom and for music I use a USB stick.
We also did without the satnav as the car is only use on school runs, going to the supermarkets and the occasionally weekends away (so we are happy to use a TT1000). So apart from it looks pretty cool it wasn't worth the 2K, might be different if I was on lease or something and the monthly cost was a few quid here or there but as a outright buyer things quickly get out of hand. We also went manual, that was a personal choice.

Other items we did go for were: HK Upgrade (seriously way better than the standard system), Sun Protection Glass, Vis Pack, Folding Wing Mirrors, Enhanced BT, Adaptive M Suspension, Black Panel Display to name a few.

Items I consider not worth it are:

Apps, Internet, TV Function (seriously when would you use this?), Surround Cameras, Lane Change .... I could go on. If the auto tailgate was an option I wouldn't of paid for it!

For a lot of those TV Functions etc etc, if you go on the coding section you can enable those via coding (of course you need to have certain hardware)....someone was asked how to enable DAB radio via coding!
Appreciate 0