planemad
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 Audi SQ7 & 2019 AM DB11
Location: The Democratic Peoples Republic Of South East England

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I post an observation... it is not intended to bash the ED mpg figures. But these 60+ mpg figures are not so far advanced than what I was achieving 10 - 15 years ago in a VW B5 Passat saloon and estate, using the 1.9 TDI engines. I'd be driving quite regularly between Wiltshire and the Highlands and getting over 60mpg each trip without eco driving. Keeping up the pace, overtaking, etc.

I remember one trip from home down to Warwick Services, (about 400 miles) OBC was reading over 68mpg. And that was not driving at 50mph, but at legal road speeds. OBC was pretty much on the figure, when brim to brim checking.

OK, the BMW is more powerful, similar weight and size, with better emission controls, but cruising at motorway speeds we don't really seem to have moved much in mpg in real terms, even with all the 'eco' aids.

HighlandPete
The real benifits of the car are 109 Co2 - which is 13% BIK tax - for me is a real money saver.
I would have paid £30-£40 per month more if I went for a comparable A4 163 bhp TDIe model.

Also they lease so well (price wise) as until recently the lease companies could offset certain tax on sub 110 Co2 which brought down lease costs.

I went for the ED due to its tax efficiency and at the press of a button "Sport" it turns into a normal 320d IMHO.

I would just like better alloys!!
Appreciate 0