View Single Post
      11-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

Already bent one of my M5 reps

So, unfortunately, I already bent one of my F10 M5 reps. I was bored and decided to take a quick drive this evening. Rolling on the exit ramp from 75 north to 74 west in Cincinnati at about 50-60mph and BOOM! I hit a pothole that I never could have seen coming, loudest and hardest hit I've ever experienced in the car so far (hopefully ever). I turned around and drove another 4ish miles back home -- I didn't notice any vibrations or changes in the ride/steering afterward, but when I got home and ran my finger over the space between the tire and the lip of the wheels I felt a pretty noticeable bend about 2.5-3 inches long on the lip of the front passenger side wheel. So annoyed...with all the aftermarket wheels I've had in the past, this is the first time I've ever had one get bent. A real bummer, hopefully it's just the lip and the whole wheel isn't out of round. It was dark, so I couldn't see any cracks. I'll make a better assessment to see if I can feel any vibration on the way to work tomorrow and get it checked out and rebalanced if I can.
Appreciate 0