Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesoly
Any Chance, there is a good bolt to use as a ground location in the trunk? I'm a little reluctant to use the bolt under the headliner because I had trouble getting a good ground in my e90. My old detector would routinely cut out for the first 3 min after starting up my car on cold mornings, and I'm pretty sure it was related to a bad ground connection. Did you sand the material around the bolt at all in your install?
I can't say off hand if there is a good bolt in a specific location, but if you move the trunk carpeting there will be more then likely a few choices. And of course if you route the ground from the right side, the battery is right there so you can always use the negative terminal off the battery.

I have never heard of anyone having an issue until now with the moon roof bold used as ground. I've used this approach in my E90 and my current f30. I'm thinking you may have had a loose power connection, this would nose likely be the culprit in the power cuts you experienced. Ice had an issue with a bad connection before and I hit bumps and my 8500ix would shut off until I corrected it.