07-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
I thought 328i8AT is exact 50/50. Hard to beat that, huh?

Personally I wouldn't trust more gadget with BMW reliability record. Less is more.
Grrr.. I f*&*ed up. You're right. It's the 328i MT I was looking at without realizing it. 328i AT is 50/50 so it can't be beat.

I think the lines are starting to blur between the 328 and the rest of the 3 models. The 328i seems to be 95% of every other 3 for much less money. Driving dynamics are the best and fuel economy is great. But it's not quite as fast as the 335i, the engine doesn't sound nearly as good, and you don't get dual exhaust pipes (you get two close together, but not what I mean). Seems like the ActiveHybrid 3 is the best of all worlds, just for a much higher price premium. The ONLY disadvantage is the 300 extra lbs., but we'll just have to wait and see how it drives because that extra weight being so close to the ground might actually cancel itself out and help with the driving dynamics in ways. I heard the Tesla Model S scored massive points in the corners because it has all of its battery weight so close to the ground.

As for reliability, fingers are crossed on that that everything goes fine. BMW has had some time to work out the kinks with the ActiveHybrid 7 and 5 so hopefully they've got it right now. Mine will be a lease so I'm not worried about having to fork out cash to fix something, I obviously just don't want my car in the shop.

Last edited by BMWCali; 07-05-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0