View Single Post
      03-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #39
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.cash View Post
Just had my oil changed out-of-cycle at 7500 miles. Just couldn't deal with going 15k for the first oil change, whether it's OK or not.

The SA tried to talk me out of it, saying there was no point, and he may be right. He also said the computer monitors your driving style to know when it's due.

Here's a potentially stupid question: I obviously didn't want the service reminder reset or it would go another 15,000 miles, defeating the purpose of the in-between oil change. Is there any way to know for sure that the oil was changed, other than watching it happen?

I dropped my car off for the day to get some software updates taken care of too. If the SA is totally convinced it doesn't need an oil change, I can imagine him saying they did it, when they didn't (I don't know him personally, so it's not a character judgement).
If you think the SA may be right that you don't need an in between change, then why do it?

Why doo you think the SA would try to talk you out of an added expense only to then take your money but not change your oil?
Appreciate 0