View Single Post
      01-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #80
ingleberg
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian H View Post
A couple weeks? Wow that is not good news. What state are you in? In California we have pretty strict rules regarding Lemon Laws and how long a car is in the shop for the same issue. I guess they're letting drive around a loaner this whole time. We bought this car 3 weeks ago and driven it for 3 days.
Sounds like BMW has no idea what is causing this... so I'm not even going to bother taking mine in.

Am I the only one who has the NO SIGNAL message remaining on the screen even after turning the car off and locking the doors?

I had a GPS issue with a Nissan Pathfinder a few years ago. After 3 failed attempts to get it fixed, I went through an arbitration process managed by the BBB. The arbitrator declared that Nissan had 1 final shot at fixing the problem -- and if the problem remained, they had to replace the vehicle with a brand new one. Nissan flew in a high-level engineer, who found the problem.

Might be a process that some of you will want to pursue. Without the BBB's AutoLine program, I would've been stuck with a completely non-functional GPS. Here's a link to the program details:

http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line/us-process/
Appreciate 0