12-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
A: You got a $35k car with lots of options.
B: You bought an early model year car, and any early model year of a generation is going to have many things that don't work right.
C: Your mirror has a security light, camera sensors, light sensors, homelink antennas and a bunch of other crap that a Kia does not have. Additional weight = additional momentum. Take your mirror apart, take all the PCB's out and I guarantee you it won't move.
D: I've owned plenty of new cars and every one had some random quirk. My $40k Acura had "Auto closing doors" that would slam on my legs whenever I got out and didn't hold the door in place for a few seconds. My $50k Corvette had sensors that failed every other week.

Since when has ANY car manufacturer given anyone money back (With the exception of the recent Hyundai EPA scandal) for something that doesn't work right? My wife's VW burned a quart of Mobil 1 every 1000 miles, VW never paid her a cent, and that was on a car that's the same price as your 3.

If you really want to fix it take it apart, throw a dab of glue on it, set it and forget it.

To complain about this as a "problem" is like saying "my window is rolled down, I better take the car in for service!"...or you could just reach over, touch it, and your problem is back to normal.

Just do what I do, have your wife drive your car once a week and then you'll have to readjust not only the mirror, but your steering wheel too. How dare they not put in an electronic tilt steering wheel!

People on this board need to drive some really terrible cars for a few days to realize how well these cars are built. Go rent a Chrysler, you'll feel better.

/rant
+1

Again, I agree. Seems as though the forum has simply become a place to about random small issues.

Ok, let the flame war begin (just kidding), haha. Also, ranting...

Last edited by wdlv; 12-13-2012 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0