Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Concept first.
Scott, you did say that the BMWi technology would filter down to the entire BMW lineup, which is great indeed, but you also said that the BMWi and BMW M brands were in diagonally opposite corners in the BMW lineup, 2 distinct ranges in terms of philosophy, 2 epitomes of the BMW know-how and 2 distinct market images.

Now we're basically told that the so much awaited BMW halo supercar won't be a BMW M but a BMWi?? How is that consistent with the BMWi philosophy which, as we've been told, first and foremost focuses on efficiency and serenity, not on raw sensations or cornering speed for example? And how is that consistent with BMW M being endlessly denied its deserved halo supercar?

Also, an i9 above the i8 would more or less kill the appeal and revolutionary image of the i8 that has just freshly arrived on the market. Which wouldn't happen if the halo car would be a hardcore M with an inline-6 or V8, albeit possibly with hybrid technology but NOT marketed within the BMWi range. Really confusing...
Maybe there should be an entirely separate letter for this car...?

What would sound as good as i and ///M that didn't sound like anything else? M is 13th letter and I is 9th how about adding them to get V?
Appreciate 0