View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
c.cash
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i modern line

Thanks for helping, Frogman.

It seems that, as usual, there are only certain circumstances where you will have this option.

The one that works every time is:
When you stop guidance (click the flag at the top-left sidebar), a dialog box follows with Stop (or Start) Guidance. When this box is highlighted, click Option and you will see Store Trip under the Map heading.

I saw the Store Trip option a couple of other times, but couldn't recreate it... once, while getting guidance with just the Nav Map on-screen, I clicked Option and it was there. This would seem logical -- storing a trip while being guided sounds like an intuitive thing to do, but I haven't been able to recreate this scenario

Frogman - to clarify the option you mentioned: "to store the single address you sent from Google, you can just click Option and select "store in vehicle"... the option I see is for creating, adding or storing Contacts. That's useful, but there's no way to store them as trips directly from here.

So I guess the idea is, you get to your destination, stop the guidance and store the trip. If you want to store an address from Google as a trip, just start a fake trip and abort.
Appreciate 0