View Single Post
      01-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #79
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Whitetintedwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC40 View Post
Different car than you are asking about: I was set on an A5 as my next vehicle, until I test drove it. The dealer asked me to test an A4, which was so-so. My fiancé was surprised when I came home PO'd. My 335i arrives on 2/6 and I couldn't be happier.
The A4 doesn't come close to the 328i or the 335i because it is an older platform due for change in about a year or so. The S4 is what competes with the 335i and the sport diff makes it handle night and day vs the A4 along with the other chassis improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Drove the S4 today, awesome car. Seats not having side bolsters was odd. BMW steering I like better, but I really liked the S4. I had driven it before, but not long enough to really test it out. I took it by myself and hit the freeways and twisties. I was really surprised how it grew on me. I even did some driving that wouldmbe daily 35mph parking lots, etc....The steering is light, clutch a little long as well, but it handles and it is fast, I had dismissed it before, but I really needed more time just to get used to it. I drive the F30 again tomorrow. I may pull the trigger on the Audi we will see.
I would say spend more time in the S4 before deciding because you are coming from a BMW and the AWD takes some time to get use to it. Drive it differently than your RWD BMW is my advice. Go into the corners slower and then mash the throttle before the corner is finished earlier than you would a RWD and the AWD will power you through the corner. If you still feel better driving the RWD car after an extended drive than buy what you like best as that is what it comes down to.
Appreciate 0