View Single Post
      01-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #85
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Whitetintedwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Funny.just read a 328/a4 compare..........A4 won.....every category . Magazines all like S4 steering better than BMW now. I don't buy cars based on mag tests just find comments here interesting.
I have an S4 and I have test driven the A4 and the 335i and 328i extensively both the e92 and F30 and IMO the A4 is behind the 335i and 328i in performance but the S4 was to my liking. This is not saying the 335i wasn't as the e90 steering was the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
There are plenty of shared components and parts.
The vw 2.0tsi and Audi 2.0tfsi mainly differ in the head where Audi uses valve lift or whatever they call it which explains the power difference. The blocks may be identical, it's the head up that is different. I have been out of the vw tsi tuning game for a bit, but pretty sure that is the key between the two.
That is definitely a key difference but really both engines aren't the same as no components are shared. That is how different it is. Just like the BMW 2.0T doesn't share anything with the Audi the VW doesn't share anything with Audi either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
The A4 shares a similar platform with a Passat but the engine and drivelines are very different. But even if they were so what, have we become so jaded that Volkswagons are junk cars. Audi and VW also shares parts with Lamborghini and Bentley. I love newer VW's and wouldn't mind owning one.

Also lots of CVT A4's are sold every year.
Incorrect, the A4 isn't even on the same platform as the Passat or similiar. That said the new MQB platform will be shared with Porsche, Audi, and VW and the platform will be modified to each companies specs. This doesn't bother me one bit as the 3 companies can build a better platform at the same time saving money for other areas.
What bothers me is the incorrect information that people state as facts without doing the research.

CVT A4 are almost non existent in North America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I am out of my CC because of the horrid reliability. Kept me out of Audi because of shared components like coils.
Each manufacturer has it's own problems just like BMW had it with the hpfp.
The key is how timely they fix the problems. Both Audi and BMW had taken way too long in fixing the hpfp and the coil problems IMO.
Appreciate 0