02-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #28
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
How upset could you really be that you now don't know what you want to do?

This is not your wife/parent/child/sibling going into anaphylactic shock and you don't know what to do (besides call 911). You are either going to ask them to fix it or you aren't. What we say on the matter is really of no consequence; it's not our car and we don't have to live with the scratches or paint chips.

Having said that, I would have them address the chipped paint. That's just a rust spot waiting to occur, and it seems to me you've already had more than your share of interaction with rust.
Please be aware, that it's just a question and you don't need to be critical of a question. If people didn't have an opinion they would just move along. But apparently they feel it important enough to post.

I'd say this is now just more of a warning to those who are planning on getting their rusted seats replaced. It may not be worth it. If it was a choice between dealing with this damage or just leaving the seats the way they were, I'd have done nothing about it.

I'm not going nuts over it, however, I noticed most people here probably would. I was just upset the dealer didn't think it was a big deal, but they should have told me.
Appreciate 0