03-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #18
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellsdad View Post
Thanks everyone for the response. It was really helpful. I may just bite the bullet and get both MPPK and MPE. I saw that Sterling BMW has MPE for $850 + 8% tax since I am in Cali. But I also saw on eBay another dealer in NJ selling for $859 no tax or shipping. I also saw that I can get MPPK for $1125 thru BMWCCA discount at Wagner BMW. So my next step is I will call around some local Bay Area dealers and see if they are willing to match prices on both to make things easier for me and perhaps cut some discount on install for both items. I am not in any rush so I can wait for a great deal if I have to. I'll post details later.
Nice choice. I had just the MPE (port installed) for about a month before I got the MPPK; and similar to the other posts, the sound was much deeper vs. stock (especially in Sport) and added throatier, more aggressive sound on the outside, with no drone on the inside. Also felt a shade less restriction on the back end when accelerating. Was "elegant" and not overbearing, which is perfect for my purposes.

Enter MPPK, and you get another couple notches of deeper growl, with much more noticeable exhaust burbles in comfort, and even more so in sport. The MPPK really adds another dimension to the car, w/ the MPE adding the cherry on top.

Are you in the Bay Area?
Appreciate 0