View Single Post
      03-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
Zyklonic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

I don't think there's an electrical load by pressing the clutch. I thought that was a hydraulic thing.

Ill try to see if I can make the issue happen in my car and isolate it down for ya. But I have seen it move the rpm around by pushing the clutch. Is it a lot? No. But also coming to a stop, a touch of power and you can knock it out of gear without the clutch. The touch of gas takes the tension off the drive train from the rears slowing the car and gives the opportunity. See if when you come to a stop then what the engine is doing. It should come back to idle as you coast, using the breaks to stop. Shouldn't have to jerk it out of gear that way. It almost pops out for me

Another thing I have noticed was in cruise control, without touching the breaks and down shifting the revs went up, but them stopping shortly there after my rpms went to 2k before I put her back to normal. I can't get it to do it consistently, but it did happen. I'm just tossing that out there as it has to do with slowing down.

Ill try to get mine to do it for ya bud and monitor the results.
Appreciate 0