12-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #73
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
HK is fantastic system for a car, and infinitely better than the stock system we get here in the UK, and is brilliant value for money; though if you have an expensive hi-Fi system at home, make sure you don't set yourself up for disappointment by expecting too much from it It's brilliant, but obviously won't be anywhere near as good as a high-end home hi-Fi system in a good acoustic environment...
HK is a great upgrade.

I would add though, coming from other cars fitted with standard systems, the BMW standard kit is still better than most. Not many standard car systems have woofers under the seats, which is probably why some take a dim view to it, it encourages higher volumes.....where it falls over. You wouldn't dare putting the volume that high on a standard Audi or Merc system....trust me

This is what is really perculiar to me. I would hazard a guess that BMW's are more likely to have the sound system upgraded to HK (from seeing used car option lists, and users on forums like this one). Your average Merc or Audi driver is less likely to opt for the upgraded system, and they have a worse system to start with.....odd
Appreciate 0