View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #1575
ewill858
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewill858 View Post
Appreciate the quick reply, Shawn! I went out to try again, but now e-sys can't read the VIN from the car. I tried restarting the car/laptop but still no luck. The ZGW_SEARCH tool shows the same loss of communication. I double-checked my homemade cable and all the solder joints still look solid, so I'm a bit at a loss, since everything was communicating fine earlier this evening.

Has anyone ever encountered a sudden loss of communications with e-sys, and then found a way to get it to work again? BTW, I'm on Windows 7/64. I saw some posts about compatibility issues, but I never saw any problems. I've been running all apps "as administrator".

Thanks!
Update: Rebooted PC, disabled as many background apps as possible, and waited after connecting ENET cable until it was done "thinking" about the connection, and communications are up again.
I'm still seeing the Adaptive headlight / Active Blind Spot Detection Malfunctions upon coding the FEM_BODY modules.

The thing that is concerning me at this stage is that even when I reset the module (by applying "code" to the ECU), I still see one or both malfunctions upon completion of the code.

Additional information: I'm coding an F30/335i M-sport with ZDA

One more question: if I want to try restoring all my changes, is there a convenient way to do this efficiently? Or do I have to apply "code" to each ECU that has changed?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0