NordicBob
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 Sapphire Black metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
Sept 2012 build
MSPORT 335i

Happened twice. Power wise feels the same as long as the fan isn't full blast. Happened twice already but I've not reached break in so I can't take it in just yet.

I'm going to wait and see if it happens another 2-3 times before taking it in.
Something similar happened to me yesterday to our new 2013 M Sport 335i. I am still not out of break-in so I did not notice any lack of power as I have been very gentle with driving the car. Our car was purchased in November 2012, but I do not know the date of manufacture or where to find it. I am going to bring it to the dealer tomorrow to ask them about it or it they will check out our car. BTW, I did notice that the oil temp indicator was running very low but just attributed it to the short drive and cool temperature outside. Anyway, here is what I posted on another forum:

"Today our 1 month old 2013 F30 335i M-Sport Sedan with almost 1000 miles on it suddenly started making a rather loud engine noise "roar" when idling at stoplights during a short trip. According to the tach it was idling at normal RPM. Since the trip was short the engine hardly got a chance to warm up and the outside temp was about 45 F.

When I got the car home I popped open the hood to take a listen. It was a roaring sound somewhat reminiscent of the sound that a diesel truck makes when idling. I shut the engine off and then turned it back on. The roar was gone and our F30 sounded normal again.

Has anyone else experienced this with the F30 335i? Could the cause be something that triggered the engine cooling fan to run faster?"
Appreciate 0