View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #32
Showtyme5
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
i have no idea if you have actaully sat in an ATS. maybe the sport versions look different, but the one i was in. the center console was mostly capacitive plastic . the cubbies in the inside of the doors felt cheap. and all over the cabin was lined with shiny plastic chrome.

it was just tacky and the plastic door cubby things were economy car cheap. the only nice touch was the brushed aluminum was polished and the steering wheel was very nice.

maybe people have different taste, but like i said my friend and i drove there in my 2010A4. the one you rank at the top of your list for interiors. i'd say the new F30 is at least equivalent materials wise. and the C300 my friend has (pre w204 refresh) i'd say is beneath both the f30 and b8 a4 (and he'll agree on this too , cheap knobs, door pins, steering wheel etc).

again i was sitting in a non cue , lower trim 3.6 V6 model. maybe its significantly better on a higher trim line. but the one i was in did not seem particularly great interior wise
Ahhh, that clears it up. It didn't have CUE! Yeah, I actually don't even know how that looks, but you're probably right. I think the ATS is a car that you have to get the CUE system in. The one I was in was a premium and had CUE and the magnetic ride control.
Appreciate 0