01-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #1652
dos1973
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
A couple things here.

1) Your SALAPA-Element's are your vehicle's unique option codes (e.g. 205 Automatic Transmission, 609 Navigation Professional, 2VL Sport Steering, etc,)

2) You cant add or code anything "on" that requires hardware you physically do not have, whether through FA (VO) Coding or FDL Coding.

3) You can accomplish everything via FDL Coding if you know what you are doing, although it can be more tedious when there are many changes required. But for instances where you don't fully know all the required FDL Codes to enable a feature, or for ease, if you have the required hardware, you can alter your VO Option Codes, and then VO Code a module(s), which will code the entire module, all at once, making all the FDL changes for you to support every Option Code in your VO.

So for example, removing 6NH from your VO and replacing it with 6NK won't automatically get you Enhanced Bluetooth functionality unless you physically also have a Combox.
ok, without hardware not fun... This is as normal life :-)

But now for my special topic. We know I have the combox.
So now I have to remove my 6nh (must I remove it?) and add 6nl, and all feature will be coded to my car, as I had ordered my car with 6nl?

I don't have to code step by step in the caf files.

Sorry, for asking so much, but I'm afraid to missunderstand by english Lack...
Appreciate 0