View Single Post
      05-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #8
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
Yes I have! The 328i I test drove was a Luxury with the saddle brown interior and it looked good actually.

How come you're not after another 330d? I would walk straight past the 328i if I had the opportunity to be in a 330d!
I'll need to see the saddle brown in reality, as it is not something I'd even list, unless I'm really impressed with it. Not into all black, so very limited in the F30/1 models.

328i is first choice, but definitely as a compromise. I'm heading into full retirement with this car. Mileage is now low in the BMW, (less than 8k per year), and typical and regular trips are about 12 miles each way, no good for a big diesel, particularly in winter time.

I've thought of the 320d as a compromise, but if into 4-pot engines the 328i petrol definitely makes much more sense for the use. And that bit of extra urge when needed.

If the 2.0 petrol was not turbo charged, I'd not be looking at it. It is the fact the engine has a good mid range, where I use an engine most, that it is top of the 'practical' list.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0