View Single Post
      04-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #3
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Great write-up! You have a lot more detail there than you give yourself credit for. I especially liked the details getting from the engine bay through the firewall. There really is not a lot about that process in these forums and i think you may have the most detailed procedure to date. Excellent job, and glad everything is working!

I could feel your pain as you were trying to get through from the engine bay to the inside cabin through the firewall. I had to do the same trying to connect some wires from the engine back into the internal cabin's ACC on the aux +12v port under the glove box a few months ago. I could never figure out how to take out the water trough near the fuse block, so i just left it in place and was able to (barely) feed a fishing wire tape at a very wicked angle through the right firewall hole into the cabin. I almost gave up. If you have some pointers/tips on how to remove that water trough, i would appreciate it. It would make accessing that firewall hole so much easier the next time around. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me Seeing that pic of your water trough out of that area near the battery posts really made me chuckle. I had never seen that before in real life or in pictures Didn't think it was possible haha

I'm still waiting for the rest of my PDC/reverse camera parts to come in but had some specific questions about this install before they arrive ...

1. Can you elaborate on the correct pin location/number to connect into when you had to connect that one wire to the center console cluster? I don't want to run into the same issue from the other post that you mentioned.

2. Curious why you only needed to connect one of the two wires to the PDC button on the center console? What are those two wires for?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0