04-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 ,01 330,M240?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
The Sportsteering in comfort mode feels a bit remote and really electric(which it is off course) not really BMWish, but I already got used to that for the last 1.5 years in my ex F10 5 series.

On the other hand, the sport mode is the BMW way to go and doesn't differ very much from the hydraulic steering my former BMW's had. Actually it's very very good. It's beefy, direct and gives you a connected feel to the front wheels, very unelectric imo, very BMWish.

I have the Adaptive suspension, 19"and the Bridgestones fwiw.
My thoughts exactly. I'm, still waiting on my 328( well , its actually gonna be me wifes car. But she's had track days and done some autocross). We ordered a sportline. I was fortunate enough to have a new sportline 328 for a week while one of my other cars was in for service.I drove the car almost exclusively in sport mode. It seemed to go right where i pointed it . I 'd say if there was anything letting the car down , it was the tires giving up before the suspension or chassis,but thats an easy fix.It didn't seem to matter how I put it into a corner. NIce and clean, A little jerky and dive bomb it sideways, or trail brake through the corner to get the rear around and squeeze on the gas. So if anyone is worried about the steering,,,,,don't believe the hype
Appreciate 0