View Single Post
      07-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Audi dealers really are brainwashed! higher resale than BMW?

So this last weekend I was contacting a few Audi dealerships in the Chicago area because I thought I had decided on the S4 (the way I would build them it was the identical price of a 335 xdrive) but I like the interior of the 2013 facelift S4, really nice with the nappa leather and flat bottom S line wheel. On Sunday a fellow BPost member informed me of how much I could get off on a new 335 with a little work and the drive USA incentive on top of that. Well compared to the best offer I figured Audi would give me (like 4.5-5% off MSRP) that would save me $2,000! Now would I give up my dream car or just the car I REALLY wanted for $2,000, NO, but I viewed these cars pretty much as equals, but gave the Audi the slight edge. But for $2,000 and a better maintenance program I changed my mind and will go with the BMW as long as I can get that awesome deal!

Anyway an Audi dealership e-mailed me back when I told them the price I could get on the BMW 335 and their response was "What you may gain with the BMW up front you will more than get back with the Audi S4 when you trade it in" One of the other reasons the 335 kept tapping me on the shoulder during my decision making process was that BMWs always have top resale value, now I don't think the S4 will be far behind but I doubt it will be better than the 335i with the same options. I know BMWs have killer resale because my father bought his M3 the same time I bought my C63, the MSRP on my car was $5K higher than his (although I paid a little less), I have 5,000 more miles than him but the M3 was appraised at $4,000 HIGHER than the C63! When buying used cars, people want

just thought I would share that with you guys and anyone with Audi experience, please chime in.
Appreciate 0