View Single Post
      12-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #53
GrooveBlender
India
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Sport

The FAQ you published is kinda helpful, thanks. I am a newbie and its my first BMW (F30 328i), I have one specific question and maybe its answered somewhere but I cant find it. When I use the apple lightning cable to connect my iPhone 5 I am able to listen to music and also see the album art on the screen BUT I am unable to control my music using the steering controls i.e. I cant forward or rewind using the scroller on the steering wheel though I am able to control the volume. I have heads up display and in the display it doesnt show me the forward and rewind options. If I use Bluetooth to connect then I lose the option to see album art and also unable to connect to BMW Apps though the steering controls work just fine in every respect. I see this as an issue with the iPhone's new connector. I used the old 30 Pin connector with my iPod and scrolling through music using the steering controls work just fine. I would like to see Album Art, charge my phone, BMW Apps, and also retain the steering functionality by using the apple cable - is anybody facing the same issue and is there a solution for this?
Appreciate 1