General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayF31 View Post
Thnx

I know it is required to bridge and use this setup. Virtual or not but I do not receive an ip address. My MacBook detects the cable but I don't get an IP address assigned. So this could mean dhcp is broken somehow. So I am wondering to configure this static. I think the ip setup will be the same for each car just as brand new router has a default ip configuration.

Grtz,
Ray
You are looking for an IP Address on your LAN Adapter itself, or using the ZGW_Search Utility?

Regardless, the car does not have a DHCP server; so it does not assign an IP Address to the computer. Both the computer and the car will go into DHCP fallback mode, each assigning themselves a random Class-B IP Address so that they can talk to each other. This can take up to 60 seconds, so you have to wait until the PC has an IP address before you try to connect.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0