Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
I picked-up a light for my trunk but...it seems that not only was the light not there from production, but the wires are cleanly cut!!! There is no harness there whatsoever. Here's the tricky part - you can't just walk into the dealer and but the harness plug. It is not a separate part number. Plus the wires for the trunk light run uninterrupted from the central harness. To do the repair absolutely correctly, one would need to replace the main wiring harness.

Perhaps the best thing to do is find a wrecked f30 in a junk yard and pull the harness from that car. Then I can neatly solder and connect the wires together and have a light.

Honestly it is fascinating to ponder what happened here. The car was a euro delivery so I had possession straight from the factory. And I recall being in a parking garage on the trip wondering about how to turn on the trunk light. That suggests that the car was built without one. Really weird!

Oh well! Off to search junk yards for totaled f30's!
You picked up a light! aren't they suppose to take your car and install it for you? I hope you didn't pay for the light???
Appreciate 0