View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
vigalent
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 318D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaborn
In anticipation of the arrival of my car, I am trying to plan out how I am going to manage my audio collection. I am not an iPhone/iTunes user so I am planning to use a Cruzer Fit USB flash drive as c.cash suggested in another thread.

1> Is there a particular way I need to arrange my mp3's on my flash drive? I assume they can be nested in folders? I had planned to have a folder for each album on the root of the flash drive, basically just like I have them stored on my PC.

2> Does the Nav read all of the mp3's and then present you a library based on the mp3 tag info that you can display/sort via Album, Artist, or Genre sort of how Windows Media Player does it or do you have to navigate through the flash drive just like you would if you were exploring the folders on the drive via the PC? With WMP player the location of your mp3's is unimporant, making the accuracy of your mp3 tag info the most critical.

3> How are playlists handeled/displayed? If the Nav does present you a library, then I assume I do not need to include playlists for each album on my drive?... rather only playlists for my custom compilations? Can you create custom playlists directly in iDrive and store them?

4> I assume I could select an album, and then repeat or shuffle that album only? Can you repeat or shuffle a custom playlist?

I wish I could get a hold of the Navigation/iDrive manual prior to the car arriving. To my knowledge, it is not available for download.

Thanks for any info!
My understanding is the library functions (searching based on artist, genre etc) only works with media stored on the cars HDD....
Appreciate 0