*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
Nice, looks like you did your grills also? I'm assuming thats not with the glossifier?
Tbh, i just applied Electric tape on it, because it was hard for me to take it off

even though i followed the steps on praying it out. Really hate how BMW

designed the access to the grille. If i spray dip in it, i would need at least a

paper cardboard to protect the Radiator behind it from over spray which i cant fit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
On big panels, the streaks are really noticeable. The black plastidip is not really "black"... it's more dark gray and looks cheap and grainy.

Of course, you can spray the plastidip through a professional-grade paint gun. But you'd probably have to buy one yourself because I don't know any bodyshop owner in their right mind that would let plastidip run through their gun. So buying your own paint gun set up would defeat the purpose of saving money. At that point you might as well pay a couple hundred for a good wrap job instead. Not only is it just as reversible, it will look smoother and no streaks.

I could see the problem why his came out like a Zebra like.

1.When spraying plasti dip it is really temperature sensitive

2. Probably the person that spray the car brought the full strength Black Gallon and thinned it himself, therefore the Black Tint (gives the color ) is divided into half.

3. He needs to apply more coats thus requiring more paint . Since his stock color is White.

4. He sprayed it too far, his spraying technique is not consistent.

On the Audi, there is nothing wrong with it, since it is done right.

I personally Plasti Dipped my car i have all the equipment do to it, especially the paint gun, and other several full body cars that my

friends own. Of course. If your are new to this and doing it by yourself, there

is guaranteed to be alot of trial and errors. Me on the other hand have

learned and form my own technique over a year.

Last edited by Teemo Panda; 04-29-2013 at 10:00 PM..
Appreciate 0