View Single Post
      05-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #209
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
I guess I have to rephrase a couple of things pardon me. The flack BMW is catching maybe isn't so much related to the 2.0L engine but it's more related to the four banger idea. Many people have been very clear that they could not shell out $50,000 for four banger.

If BMW actually is choosing to make their cars drive this way, that is very sad. They used to be so much better. At speed, I really could not tell the difference in the power steering either, the problem is more apparent in parking lots, driveways, and other slow driving situations, the steering feels very rubbery, and much like a front wheel drive car. It seems silly to put up with this just to save two drops of gas.

I'm done here, there's no need to fill this thread with my negativity any longer. I certainly hope I can find happiness C350 coupe. It's a wonderful car that is incredibly well-built, uses conventional tires, conventional steering, and doesn't have start stop.
I doubt the Mercedes will drive as nicely as the 335 and certainly won't have a MT if that's what you desire. Also, it's a pretty good bet that the next gen C series will have EPS as will the next A4 Audi. Stop/start as well.
Appreciate 0