BimmerHJ
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
C: Your mirror has a security light, camera sensors, light sensors, homelink antennas and a bunch of other crap that a Kia does not have. Additional weight = additional momentum. Take your mirror apart, take all the PCB's out and I guarantee you it won't move.
D: I've owned plenty of new cars and every one had some random quirk. My $40k Acura had "Auto closing doors" that would slam on my legs whenever I got out and didn't hold the door in place for a few seconds. My $50k Corvette had sensors that failed every other week.
My mirror has nothing in it. No security light, no camera sensors, no homelink antennas and no bunch of other craps.
But it still drops. Why?

You sound like BMW sales or service guy, saying every defect is NORMAL!

I swear that I never had any problem with mirrors in my previous 25+ years of experience in Japanese cars, US cars, German cars (except BMW) and even crappy Korean cars.

In most times, customers' whining makes better cars. That's what BMW is asking for your report on any minor issues.
If nobody report such a minor defects to manufacturer (like you are doing it adjusting your dropped mirror every morning), BMW will never ever improve the issues.

Hope your mirror is not dropping while you're driving, in the future, and if it does, it may cause accident because you have to re-adjust your dropped mirror at 75MPH in highway unnecessarily.

Enjoy and safe drive your all faulty cars!
Appreciate 0