View Single Post
      08-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
I did hear that the LCI lost some sharpness in the trade off though?
How did you find the pre LIC 231hp 30d engine compared to the LCI 30d 245 hp version...i was quite underwhlemed in terms of not much difference
After owning the 330d pre-LCI for 2 years and LCI for 1 year I'd have to say there is no loss in sharpness whatsoever. The handling is exactly the same - but without the absolute awful bone shaking ride of the pre-LCI M Sport. In fact I've just recently been testing with the tyre pressures and by up'ing them slightly, the handling seems a little better still.

The new 245 bhp engine has a slightly different power delivery. The power on the old one does come in a bit more abruptly so feels quite punchy. The new engine is slightly more linear but does still pull well. The new one does feel slightly quicker, but its a job to tell. I bought my current car brand new so its a job to compare a old 60K miles with a new one that needed to be run in. Also, its getting better all the time and now done just over 7k miles. Even the dealer said this engine needs a good 8K before it comes alive and this has also been said by the guys on e90post.

One thing I did notice is first gear off the mark is quite rapid compared to the old one. I guess that one of the reasons how they got the 0-60 down 0.5 sec.

Note also, both cars were/are 6sp manual.
Appreciate 0