View Single Post
      12-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Pete, I am not sure what you are saying here. If you we all keep our cars for at least 1 year, the car is going to go through a winer and get this type of wear....

Assume those pics are from your e91, as the brakes hubs were shocking for corrosion. I noticed on the f20 (and assume its the same for all Fs) they seem to be made for a superior alloy.
It just feels so wrong and depresses me to see the corrosion within weeks of having a new car. Hence why the last two new cars were bought for spring delivery, at least you get about a year before it all looks sad.

I had one new VW car in December and within weeks the brakes were growling, and by 12k miles (about 8-months) it needed new brake discs all round, as they were so corroded and brakes were erratic in performance.

Even with the F11, I know I'll be giving the discs and suspension parts attention in the spring and cleaning them up.

It isn't just BMW, but the soft iron disc material on the BMWs certainly pits very quickly, just a couple of days of wet and they start to tarnish and pit, even with use.

Yes, the E91 suspension parts went down hill very quickly, even waxoyl didn't seen to slow it very much. Probably would need doing every autumn.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0