05-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #3452
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
When we VO coded your car from 6NH to 6NK, we did not write the new FA to the car. This seems to work just fine. There is a separate E-sys operation to actually write the new FA to the car that we did not do.

What we did is change the FA in E-sys from 6NH to 6NK, save it to disk, and then tell E-sys to use that FA and not the car's FA for future coding for that session.

Then we VO coded HU_CIC and CMB-MEDIA.

So, we really haven't changed the the vehicle Order as we didn't write the FA to the car. All we have done is to set all of the things that needed to be set to enable A2DP, office, etc.

So, when you take it in for updating, the VO will match their server and all you will lose is the coded FDL's that you set.

Maybe someone can ring in here as to the above technique. If it works, I think it's better not to write a modified FA to the car if it's avoidable. That way, you shouldn't have to revert anything when you take it in for software upgrades.

If the above isn't kosher, then we'll have to write the FA to the car.

For some funny reason I still couldn't VO code without changing the car FA. I did intentionally skip the step to 'write FA', but somehow the FA still get change/updated on it's own when I code the individual ECU
Appreciate 0