View Single Post
      01-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #252
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesems View Post
I know it's subjective but let me do my best. I think BMW states its about 30% stiffer. I assume stiffer than the sport lines standard suspension. I would say this is accurate. The bumps and road feel are more noticeable but not jarring. The crispness in lane change and improved drive feel are much more precise. There is virtually no body roll.

I drove a loaner home today. A 328i coupe and the road noise seemed a little less than this new suspension so I feel the trade of is worth it. If you're spouse doesn't mind sporty then she most likely wont mind this upgrade. But also consider that if you live in a rutted area with lots or road imperfections, it might wear on you. Is sunny San Diego, the roads only suck because of differed maintainence. But generally they are pretty good. So driving with this set up is good for the most part.

Hope this helps and sorry for typos iPhone published
It does help, thanks for your explanation. From what I gather, it seems like for 70 percent or so of the time I don't think my wife would notice (or i would be bothered by the harshness), and occasionally over harder bumps, it may be noticeable. I love what IM hearing about no body roll, and turning response, as that's exactly what I want...but I can't have it resemble a 'sports car' so to speak in terms of stiff ride. I'll mull over it, but this is exciting to hear....would love to see more pics if you have em!