04-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #153
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaBMW View Post
What is weak about the argument? You had some fanboys here saying that Lexus is just a Toyota and Audi just a VW. All I said was that both these manufacturers build faster cars than BMW in a straight line and around a track.
Tell me which part of this is not true?
It doesn't matter that it is $400k, and it doesn't have the pedigree of Ferrari, or that they lose money on the car, the point was to point out to some fanboys that Lexus makes a faster car than BMW that is in production. So before some of these guys say BMW is a BMW and a Lexus is a Toyota they shouldn't overlook this FACT.

Also BMW has chosen Toyota to make a sport car with them for a reason.
I don't agree with them, but I also find it far removed with the validity of your point as well.

I am sorry, but the LFA does little for Lexus. The IS-F is a better story as it gave 85-90% percent of the E90 M3 experience. That to me is more compelling and relevant. Lexus' attempt at a hyper car is a flawed one and outclassed by it's competition. BMW does not have a hyper car offering, that does not mean it fails in anyway just because Lexus does.

Some of Lexus products really are Toyotas, that's not an opinion. The Es350 is now largely an Avalon, the CT is a fair bit based on Prius bones, the LX SUV is a re-grilled Landcruiser. Now saying ALL Lexus' are Toyotas, that is simply an incorrect statement.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0