View Single Post
      05-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
vgp
Vern
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY13 328ix M Sport on order

Generally I would say all season or summer tires on AWD is not as good as a good set of winter tires on RWD. I personally want snow tires on AWD as I have a steep driveway and am a skier. Since you don't plan to drive in the mountains and Denver doesn't get a lot of snow I would recommend the winter tires on the RWD. Would recommend winter tires on your other car if you drive in the mountains in winter much. Denver can get some big snows so you might have to drive thru that at times. I have Nokian Hakkiplittas R (spelling) and love them. In my V70R AWD I have driven up my steep driveway pushing 10-12 inches of snow with no slipping. The Hakk's will last twice as long as the Blizzak's since they become all season after 40% wear. (or at least that was the case when I had them). Also suggest separate wheels if you can afford as then you can wait for the snow to hit. This way you might not have to put them on if its a low snow year or at least get another month or two on your summer tires. If you have two sets you can also go to a high performance tire for summer. I consider all season as a sorry compromise.
Appreciate 0