View Single Post
      04-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport, 6M

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ ZP vs. Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS RFT vs. DriveGuards

It's about time to replace the OEM Pirelli Cinturato all-seasons on my F30, and I've narrowed it down to a few choices. I've thought long and hard about ditching run flats, but at the end, knowing my luck (and the extremely sh*t roads around where I live), I've decided to stick with run flats for a piece of mind.

I'm thinking of going from the stock 225/45/18s square --> 245/40/18, which gives me more options.

I've narrowed down to these 3. Does anyone have experience on these tires specifically?
  1. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ ZP
  2. Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT
  3. Bridgestone DriveGuards

I don't track or race my car, just occasional spirited driving. I'd love extra grip of a higher performance tire, since my current OEM Cinturatos aren't great. Ideally not something that's super harsh or loud. I know in terms of comfort I'm handicapped by the fact that I'm going with run flats, but I've been reading that all these 3 tires are at least "okay" in the comfort / noise category. I know the DriveGuards are supposed to be comfortable and quiet, but they're my last option since they're all seasons so would probably be similar in terms of grip compared to my current OEM tires.

My top choice is currently the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ ZP, but they're listed as "new" on tirerack without any reviews. I know there's a non run flat version of this tire that has good reviews, but thought I'd check to see if anyone else on here has experience with the run flat versions, and/or with any of the others I'm debating between. The Bridgestone Potenzas also seem to have great reviews on tirerack, so... .

Thoughts appreciated in advance!
Appreciate 0