svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
i also read that West Coast bound BMWs are often shipped with NYK lines instead of the East Coast bound BMWs on W&W?? can anyone comment on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
I tried searching their web site for vessels going from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme and it does not come up with any matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
yep me too, i even just tried the PORT only search, no dice.
i will just contact my dealership a lot next week and report back to y'all.
I don't know about NYK, I couldn't find anything either but I doubt we're going with that carrier. I also did other carriers but none really fit into our schedule. No worries though, I have a gut feeling that those waiting for a Westcoast ship are loaded onto the Tortugas, that one is going away today (well, today in Germany, it's still 'yesterday' for me (24th here)):

If you think about it, it makes sense. The cars you currently see listed on the 2wglobal.com site are already gone for a while. For example, a day ago it was showing a ship as just being loaded but that same ship was already in Scandinavia for a day according to various other sites. The tracking at WW has a delay of about 2 to 3 days. Give it until Monday, the Tortugas should be listed by then at the very latest. Also, if we're indeed on the Tortugas, your dealer is also able to tell you this tomorrow (the 25th) as their tracking should be more real time (according to the stories I heard/read).

Besides, I cannot imagine that some of us, who like me were finished last week with their build (mine was done on February 15), will have to wait another week, or even two (if you have to go to the Westcoast) before the car gets shipped. I doubt that this will happen.

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0