View Single Post
      10-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #302
TheObviousChild
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Comp xDrive - '21 X3M40

I Mine as well chime in. I just placed my order this morning for a W46 build. My dealer spoke to his contact-friend in Munich who confirmed the nav update.

Like others have said though, best case is I get the updated nav; worst case, I get the current nav in a still very awesome car.

On another note, I've seen people mentioning the performance brakes. I had an opportunity while putting my order together to look at all of the M-Performance parts being offered at port. One was the black kidneys which I opted for. Others included Performance Exhaust, carbon fiber mirror covers, performance brakes (drilled rotors) and shockingly, Performance Brakes with Red Calipers! I was very surprised to see this being offered and very tempted as well, but I decided against it as it was pretty pricey. I believe it was $2,550. Not really worth it to me.

For what it's worth, I recently tracked my E90 328i with stock brakes and they handled pretty well. By the end of the day they were feeling a bit warped and soft, but my friend with an M3 was saying the same about his.

Food for thought.

I will be sure to update you all with any info I come across wrt the Nav update. Confirmation is only a month away and we can put this discussion to rest and start obsessing over the next rumors.
Appreciate 0