03-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda6s grand touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropic Artist View Post
Sorry haven't gotten a chance to update. A quick update:

Picked up the car on Friday and it was quite an overwhelming experience. Where do I start...we got a tour of the factory after the pickup. Filled up gas and went for a short drive into the country side. Weather was not very good and extremely foggy. Returned back to the hotel and had a dinner with SJID! It was fun, but we were very overwhelmed, tired, sleepless and jet lagged - all at the same time.

Woke up early next day and started driving at 6am. Undecided of where to go with no hotels booked - we ended up driving for 17.5 hours on Saturday and reached Barcelona at 1am!!! Booked a hotel at a highway restaurant on the way.

Today, we got up late and drove to Girona, Spain (1 hr drive from Barcelona). Beautiful city! Staying at a very nice hotel on a hill too overlooking this historical city of Girona.

We're planning to go for a longer drive into the Andorra mountains tomorrow and spend the evening in Tossa Del Mar :-)

Stay tuned and pardon for not updating frequently. Everything is still very overwhelming and we're having a great vacation. What an unforgettable experience this is turning out to be....

I am mostly shooting film and will take a few days after I return back to the US to be able to post pictures.
Sounds like you are having lots of fun. Good for you.

Can you share how pricey hotels are in Europe? Is it easy to find rooms on the spot? What is your average MPG so far?

And lastly, how do you like Barcelona? FC Barcelona is my favorite soccer team since forever. My dream is to visit the city and their stadium (Camp Nou).
Appreciate 0