10-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #8
MacklinUSOB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
Thanks! Are you new to HPDE in general, or just LRP? If new to HPDE, then you'll likely be good to go with a stock 328i... although track brake pads and fluid are always a good idea (I like Castrol SRF fluid and PFC08 pads).

Beyond that, if you want to consider some mods in advance, I'd start with a set of square wheels and tires (e.g. Apex ARC-8s in 18x9 ET42 with a good Max performance street tire in 255 or 245 width). From there, an LSD is probably where I'd go next.

After that comes the slippery slope of camber plates, coil overs, sway bars upgraded front/rear control arms, and solid bushings... all of which are components of a closely related system, so best to upgrade with specific goals in mind (or even better, holistically) when you're ready to really take the plunge : )
Next season will be my first HDPE! I have been to LRP many times, ran on the AutoX course a few times as well. Haven't been on the main track yet, but I do have a lot of sim time with a direct drive/motion rig. That's good to hear, so far the only mods I've done to my car are a set of 245 PS4S, rear Bilstein B6 struts, stainless lines, and RBF600... haven't touched the pads yet, but those are easy enough.

I'm glad you suggest that, because I really am not a fan of staggered setups. I hate front end push which is why I'm also considering the LCA's to get some more negative camber up there without having to dive into coils and plates just yet. I have a bit of a peeve with clunks, how is your setup holding up to noise? And I kid you not I was looking at ordering a set of ARC-8's for summers and keeping my 397's winter/alts

I'll want to look into LSD options, it is a shame there is no M Perf diff option for the n20's.
328i RWD | MW on CRed Slick Top | 6MT | BM3 | MPE | GPlus FMIC | CSF Radiator | Millway Street Camber Plates & Monoballs | KW V2 6k/18k Swift Springs | F80 LCA/TS | SPL Bump Steer Kit | APEX SM-10 | R-S4 | DS2500 | RBF600 | SS Lines |
Past: E36 328is & E38 740i

Last edited by MacklinUSOB; 10-06-2017 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 0